Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for signing up on internet and mobile banking?
To register for the service, one must have an existing account with the Bank. And follow the following steps:
- Individual User
- Using the link https://onlinebanking.mayfaircib.com/ select ‘Register a new individual user’
- Enter the valid account number and registered mobile number
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) sent to the mobile number
- Enter your preferred username and set a password as per the password rules and confirm
- Select and set the security questions and confirm
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- If successful, you will be directed to the login page and an SMS and email confirmation will be sent by the Bank to confirm successful registration
2. Corporate Account Holders
- Using the link https://onlinebanking.mayfaircib.com/ select ‘Register New Corporate User’
- On the registration page, enter the Account Number, Company’s Registration number, Email address, and Phone number
- Click on ‘Send Request’ and you will receive a confirmation message that the request has been submitted to the bank
The request will be processed by the bank and feedback given.
What happens if I don’t get the OTP through SMS during the registration process?
Contact the Bank through email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 703053100 for further assistance.
What should I do if I forget my password for the platform?
If you forget your password, you may follow the process below:
- Using the link https://onlinebanking.mayfaircib.com/, select the ‘Forgot password’ menu
- Enter your username and upon successful validation of the username, select the method for the password reset.
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) via the registered mobile number
- Enter the corresponding account details
- Answer the security questions that were set during registration
- Set the new password and confirm
Should any of the above processes fail, reach us at email@example.com or call +254 703053100 for further assistance.
Are there charges for signing up on internet banking?
No, there are no charges for signing up
Is the internet banking available for companies?
The platform is available for all account holders of Mayfair CIB Bank – individual accounts, joint accounts, and corporate accounts.
Can I retrieve my set username in case I forget it?
Yes, you can. To retrieve your username:
- Using the link https://onlinebanking.mayfaircib.com/, select the ‘Forgot username’
- You will be redirected to the ‘forgot username’ page with a dropdown to select a way to recover it
- Enter the required corresponding information
- Enter the OTP received on the registration mobile number
- Your ‘username’ will be displayed as a pop up and an SMS and email sent with the information.
Should any of the above processes fail, reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 703053100 for further assistance.
How can I access the internet banking services?
The platform is multichannel and can be accessed through:
- Web link https://onlinebanking.mayfaircib.com/
- Android mobile app (Maypay)
- iOS mobile app (Maypay)
Can I have several users linked to an account?
Yes, multiple users can be linked to similar account/ accounts. This linkage is done upon the customer’s request through your nearest bank branch.
What are the types of Transfers and Transactions that I can do on the platform?
- Transfers between own accounts
- Transfer to other Mayfair CIB Bank accounts
- Transfers to other local banks through Pesalink; Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- International account transfers (TT)
- Bulk payments
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) obligations
- Transfers to mobile money (M-Pesa)
- Bills and Utility payments
- Airtime Top-up
What are the fees and charges for transactions done on the platform?
- The following are the charges and fees related to the internet and mobile banking:
- Own account transfer- Nil charges
- Inhouse Transfer- Nil charges
- RTGS – KES 500
- EFT – KES 300
- TT- KES 1500
- KRA payments – Nil Charges
- Utility Bill Payments – KES 50
- Bulk payments to other Banks
- Salary Processing KES 50 per transaction
- Supplier Processing KES 300 per transaction
NOTE 1: All fees and charges are subjected to taxes where applicable
How long does it take to process transactions done on the platform?
The transactions initiated through the internet and mobile banking platform are processed on a near real time basis.
For any delays or transaction queries, please contact us through email@example.com or call +254 703 053 100
What are the transaction limits applicable?
|Funds Transfer – To Other Bank – RTGS||10,000,000.00||1,000,000.00||10|
|Funds Transfer – To International||500,000.00||100,000.00||10|
|Funds Transfer – To Other Bank – EFT||999,999.00||500,000.00||50|
|Bank to M-Pesa Mobile||300,000.00||150,000.00||50|
|Pesalink Account to Acc||1,000,000.00||200,000.00||10|
|Pesalink Account to Phone||1,000,000.00||200,000.00||10|
NOTE: To request for revised transaction limits, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 703 053 100
What is the transaction cut off time for an EFT/RTGS?
- RTGS cut off time is 2pm (EAT) on a working day. Any transaction done after the cut off will be processed during the next working day.
- EFT cut off time for same day processing is 4 pm (EAT) on a working day.
- Bulk Payments cut off time is 4 pm (EAT) on a working day.
Do I have to register a beneficiary for Funds Transfers and how do I do that?
The platform allows you to perform a funds transfer to a non-Beneficiary (one-time transfer) or to a saved beneficiary.
To add a beneficiary, Log into IB, go Transfers menu, and beneficiary management menu and add, edit or delete the Beneficiary.
What do I do if I have registered a beneficiary with incorrect details and have sent the money as well?
- Contact the bank immediately through email@example.com or call +254 703 053 100 to assist with the transaction recovery (reversal) where possible.
- Note to also amend the beneficiary details under ‘Beneficiary Management’ menu
- For transactions dependent on mobile number as recipient number, you are kindly advised to always the mobile number from your phone contact book to avoid any mistakes
Can I view several accounts under one log in?
Yes, for individual account holders, all accounts and cards are automatically mapped to your profile at registration.
For Corporate and joint account holders, account access is granted as per the account operating mandates through the branch.
How secure is the platform?
We have put in place the highest security standards such as:
- Two Factor Authentication for transactions
- High End Encryption and Device Authentication.
Please note that an alert is sent to the user email for any activity done on the platform and should you suspect an unauthorized access, urgently log in and change your password and reach the bank through firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 703 053 100 for further assistance.
What are the Bank contacts in case of further enquiries or complaints related to internet banking?
Reach us 24/7/365 through email@example.com or call +254 703 053 100 for further assistance.
Transact with Mayfair CIB Bank for the best foreign exchange price value in Kenya.
To enable your day to day banking, login to our Mayfair CIB online banking platform.
Find your nearest Mayfair CIB Bank branch.
Get in touch
Find a branch or ATM.